Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sugee Cookies


Chinese New Year was an extremely busy time for me, mostly with family events. I have to admit, I am not much of a CNY person. I much prefer Christmas. So it takes some effort to muster up the enthuaism for this festival. I baked two types of cookies, packed them into pretty glass bottles, ribboned them and gave them as gifts to family.

Here's the recipe that I used for the Sugee Cookies:

Sugee Cookie
(Adapted from Aunty Yochana)

Ingredients:

150g Clarified Butter (also known as Ghee. I used the QBB brand)
90g Icing sugar
1 Egg yolk
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
200 g Plain flour
40 g Ground almond Meal
1 tsp Baking Powder

1 egg yolk for Glazing

Method:

(1) Use a stand mixer. Cream ghee and icing sugar till creamy. Add in egg yok, vanilla, salt and mix thoroughly.
(2) Add in sifted plain flour, baking powder and ground almonds. Mix till a dough is formed.
(3) Roll into small round balls for about 5-6g each. and arrange on baking tray.
(4) Use a chopstick to dip into egg yolk and then press it on top of each roll ball.
(5) Bake at 165C for about 15 - 20 mins or till cooked.
(6) Cool on wire rack before storing in cookie containers.

Verdict: Texture is melt in your mouth and extremely fragrant.

You need: Cake Mixer, Seive, Baking tray, Parchment Paper, Chopsick, Cookie Shovel, Cooling Rack

No comments: